Sezzle assesses every order individually, taking into account your available funds, outstanding orders, and the total cost of the order you’re trying to place. If you’re not approved for any reason, Sezzle will notify you right away. Here are a few reasons you may have been denied in their system:
- Insufficient funds. They check to make sure you have at least 25% of the total order cost available at the time you place an order.
- Too new to Sezzle. The longer you use Sezzle, the better your chances of getting approved.
- Outstanding balance(s). The amount you owe on previous orders and the number of open orders on your account both impact your chances of being approved by Sezzle. Paying off your outstanding balances can improve your chances of getting approved.
- Order value. Reducing the total cost of your order, or splitting it into two or three smaller transactions, can improve your chances of getting approved.
- Payments linked to your account. Adding another debit or credit card to your Sezzle account helps us understand your repayment ability, which can help get you approved.